Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Sunday 13 January 2013

Bouldering in the Peak (ripping it up!)

What a fantastic weekend I've just had going back to the 'homeland' of Derbyshire. On Saturday I managed to persuade my mum to come bouldering at Stanage where she ripped it up, doing some quick flashes and repeats of hard problems. Sadly my camera battery was flat on Saturday....

The stickies (rock boots!) are in the shoulder bag!
Mum looking calm and relaxed before the rock rampage started!!!!
On Sunday I visited my favourite old haunt, Cratcliffe/Robin hood's Stride. It was perfect weather for hitting the bloc's, sunny and about 2C. I really enjoyed it but also really struggled, unable to climb most of the problems I used to trundle up! Oh well, its a good incentive to get fit (strong!) again.

Warming up on the 'egg' (boulder) in the tree's
As the day went on it got very busy, lots of climbers with pads swarming over the classic's, but it was still easy to find some old hidden gems that I remembered. Brilliant day............................

Sort those feet! The easy side of the arete (hard side cold brrr in the shade!)

Phew made it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment