Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Saturday 6 April 2013

Bikes, Sun, and Red Kites - perfect day

I realised that its less than 1 month until I'll be heading to Wales to complete the Dyfi Enduro  http://www.summitcycles.co.uk/enduro/  so I need to get out on the bike pronto.

Old pink ears reminds me of me as a child!!
Today was fantastic, we picked a ride near to Staveley-in-Cartmel (Southern Lakes) because I know it's beautiful, quiet and low lying (ish), so shouldn't have a problem with any snow/ice hanging around. The ride was great, sunny, warm, dry trails, fantastic scenery some of it very 'Welsh' like forests.


Great forest trails

Red Kite!? Honestly, it is
Part way round we nearly bumped into a Red Kite eating some carrion at the side of the trail. It was impressive, and I veered into a barbed wire fence whilst watching it fly away! There were 3 of them, I've never seen any Red Kites in England (loads in Wales) and now I've seen 3! It turns out they have reintroduced approx 90 birds in Grizedale Forest over the last couple of years http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-18073449 .


Amazing weather and views today (over Coniston way)
Also loads of lambs about at the moment, it felt very spring like today (even with great views of the snowy tops). Fantastic day, just need to ramp up the training now.

No comments:

Post a Comment