Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Friday 29 August 2014

Going big in the Goyt Valley

I'd told myself I'd do lots of biking (training - for Septembers race) this week, but got tempted away with climbing earlier in the week! I thought, okay I need to actually get on the bike today and the weather looked good in Derbyshire so that's where I headed.

Love the sustrans routes, wouldn't want a racer on this one!

volcano.....

The route heads North from Buxton, has a deep ford on it, loops through the Goyt Valley, up to the Cat and Fiddle before heading back off road on a rough track.

Playing in the woods

Nearly back.....
It was a favourite of mine when I lived in Derbyshire, and I noticed in my book that the fasted time I've ridden it is 2 hrs 5 mins, and the slowest is over 3 hrs 30 mins (in the snow). I was reasonably quick today but did get distracted by some unofficial trails in the forest that I played on when it rained. To celebrate actually riding my bike today I finished with a massive 'club sandwich' in Buxton, which I guess negates all the hard work - but it was good!

Hmm club sandwich.....

Weeks off are quite tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment