Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Monday 23 March 2015

Spring snow in Scotland

This winter one of my goals has been to improve my skiing. I've learnt to ski in the last year, but I'm not totally sure what I'm doing well, and what I'm doing badly. 

Contemplating the steep drop into the back Corries at Nevis!

Nico's drop in

To me this is steep terrain!!
Therefore it seemed logical to get some good instruction. I'd read lots of positive stuff about Off Piste Performance and their course in Scotland seemed like a great idea to try and move my skills forward. 

Nico shredding the Corrie

Gillian leading the way

A break in the back Corries, the Braveheart Chair was running, which is rare I'm told
Wow!! What an amazing 2 days skiing in Scotland! The weather was great, which was a bonus, but going on this course is the best decision I could have made. We spent the first day at the Nevis Range, basking in the sun working on piste before dropping into the back Corries (exhilarating/terrifying!) to work on other skills on the slightly steeper and more varied terrain. 

Glen Coe



Sunday at Glencoe was equally fun/amazing, and included some great skiing 'playing' with the varied terrain. I have learnt so much from Gillian and this course, and feel my understanding of skiing, and my 'tool box' of skills has massively improved/expanded. I'd recommend it to any skier/mountaineer who wants to improve their skiing ability, and help them get out into the mountains. I write this with 2 heavy tired legs, but still a smile on my face. 

Checking the views (it was meant to be bad weather)

Dropping into Spring time


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, It was great! Not normally one for instructional courses, but was excellent. Learnt so much, and was really fun (and a little scary at one point!). Looks like you've been having fun in Scotland too, can't be beaten if the weather plays ball

      Delete