Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Saturday 16 November 2013

Kendal Mountain Festival

I caught up with friends I've not seen for awhile and saw some great stuff at this years Kendal Mountain Festival. Its a great event to check out as long as you aren't allergic to famous climbers, duvet jackets and beanies. It has inspired me to finally make the 'small film' I've been mulling over for a year or so. So lets see where this goes!

Below are a couple of interesting short films from the festival (?time fillers for the work week ;-)   ). I think the shorts are the best bit of the festival, some are glossy and brand sponsored and others are real grass roots stuff. Enjoy!


Strong (Roger)- ski

Cascada

Joy of Air

Petit Bus Rouge - crazy base jumping, climbing clowns!

Haute Route - mountain bike

In the frame - Joes story of recovery (well small part of it)

Also I caught 2 great full length films on the Sunday; McConkey - about a famous skier/base jumper who led a mad life until his death at age 39 and The Crash Reel. Crash Reel is an amazing film about Kevin Pearce a snowboarder who was the best in the world and but had an accident in 2009 which left him battling to survive a severe brain injury. An amazing film I would recommend to all - check the trailer below, and try to see the whole film.


No comments:

Post a Comment