Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Am I in Scotland?!

Blizzard conditions reminded me of Scottish winter climbing today. In fact if you look at the short video, it may remind you of Fort William, or maybe more like Aviemore! The second day on the slopes saw me consolidating my parallel technique. I pushed myself on a red run, which was scary initially (painful fall), but by the third time didn't seem quite so terrifying!

Dora (the explorer), dusting of snow, testing the Pow and apres ski...

The weather today was wilder, windy and it snowed most of the day, the fresh Pow (surely I can now use this annoying term!?) was great, but took a bit of getting used to. I still prefer zooming down the blues to getting scared on reds.




I highly recommend château Woodward for a stay, I'm being well fed, but it is hard adhering to their strict vegetarian diet, which has included parma ham and gnocchi, coq au vin and a tasty chorizo chick pea dish. Who needs meat.......?!

No comments:

Post a Comment