Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Monday 21 April 2014

7 Stanes - Newcastleton

I seem to getting in a fair bit of biking at the moment (yay) and today we headed to Newcastleton, another of the 7 Stanes mountain biking centres in Southern Scotland just over the border.


'Stane' is the Scots word for stone and each of these 7 centres has a stone sculpture reflecting local myth, legend of history.

Shaw riding single speed at this point after a 'mechanical'
It was sunny and warm and we had a great time on the trails. Unfortunately Shaw managed to sheer off his rear derailleur on a jump, but luckily we were very near to the end of the trail at this point.

Judith on the attack..

Shaw too quick for my camera!!
I was really impressed with this trail and its my fave so far, the uphill never seemed a drag and much of the trail went through deep, lush older growth forest.

I spy.....

Loved this part of the forest




No comments:

Post a Comment