Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Coed Brenin Enduro 2014

Wednesday 9 April 2014

Goodbye old friend....

I know materialism can be 'bad', and although I'm a reasonably proactive consumer I do agree that...

“.....it is the preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else that prevents us from living freely and nobly.” 
― Bertrand Russell

I'm sure that we all have items that travel with us in life for awhile, and are important. They may function perfectly for our set need, be beautiful, be unique, or often all of this and so much more.  

Outdoorsy folk all have bits of 'kit' that have a special place in their lives, and on top of it doing 'the' job, I think these items are also important because of the intense experiences we share with them, and the memories that they then can evoke. 

Rest now camel.....  the new pretender has a lot to live up to.
So with regret I have to say goodbye to my old faithful Camelbak rucksack (that's not even mine!), its been in many scrapes with me, climbing, mountain biking, skiing and everything else for over 10 years. I hoped we would have longer together, for the numerous holes could have been patched, but now that your two zips have failed I'm afraid our paths must diverge.

Rest awhile under the stairs dear friend and fear not, for every time I look upon you it will fill me with fond memories and make me smile, you never let me down....

No comments:

Post a Comment